Wydział AEI
Wydział AEI
Silesian Green Power
Silesian Green Power
High Flyers
High Flyers
Wydział AEI
Wydział AEI
Aula D
Aula D
Laboratorium
Laboratorium
Previous Next Play Pause
1 2 3 4 5 6

The Institute of Automatic Control was founded on October 1, 1977, as a result of fusion of several groups at the Faculty of Automatic Control at the Silesian University of Technology. Currently the Institute of Automatic Control is one of the three institutes constituting the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Computer Science. The Institute members are involved in teaching of more than 1000 students from several study specialisations. General research directions of the Institute involve automatic control and robotics, modelling and analysis of systems and signals as well as biotechnology and biocybernetics.

According to the evaluation by the State Accreditation Committee, the level of study conducted in the direction of Automatic Control and Robotics at the Faculty of Automatic Control, Electronics and Informatics, fully complies with the accepted quality standards. Moreover the Board of the State Accreditation Committee has evaluated this level as excellent.

The Institute of Automatic Control is sufficiently well equipped for research and teaching in the fields of automation, control, biotechnology and robotics. There are also several modern, automation oriented and professionally equipped research/laboratory stations.

Research and teaching activities of the Institute are headed and coordinated by the Board of Directors including the following members:

Professor Andrzej Świerniak - Director, Head of the Institute,

Professor Mieczysław Metzger - Vice-director for Research,

Professor Jarosław Śmieja - Vice-director for Teaching.